Applications are open for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship for Masters and Ph.D. in the UK. Commonwealth scholarships are Funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), ). The basic criteria for Commonwealth Scholarships are to offer higher education opportunities to those who could not otherwise afford their studies in the UK. 26 nominations are available for Masters and 30 nominations are available for PhD
Commonwealth scholarship offers around £1,347, (approximately PKR: 521,469 per month) stipend, Return Air Ticket, Children Allowance, Spouse allowance, study tour allowance, and much more. The application deadline for the HEC Commonwealth Masters and Ph.D. scholarship is October 17, 2023. Applications will have to be submitted to both HEC and Commonwealth portals. The deadline for both portals is the same.
Benefits of the HEC Commonwealth UKScholarship
The HEC Commonwealth Scholarship for and Ph.D. in the UK will cover the following:
- Stipend (living allowance) for Master’s students at the rate of £1,347 per month, or £1,652 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area
- Stipend (living allowance) for Ph.D. students at the rate of £1,236 per month or £1,516for those at universities in the London metropolitan area
- Full tuition fees.
- Two-way ticket to the UK (for the start of the program and at the end of the program)
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Traveling Expenses related to study tours
- Air Ticket for fieldwork
- One Air Ticket for Home country during the studies
- Family allowances are as follows:
- If you are accompanied by your spouse but no children: a spouse allowance of £266 per month for a maximum period of nine months,
- If you are accompanied by your spouse and children: a spouse allowance of £266 per month and child allowance of £266 per month for the first child, and £131 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16
- If you are accompanied by your children but no spouse: a child allowance of £529 per month for the first child, and £131 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if your children are living with you at the same address in the UK
The deadline for submission of the HEC online application is October 17, 2023
Programs offered for Commonwealth Master’s and Ph.D. Scholarships in the UK
Commonwealth Scholarships for masters and Ph.D. in the UK are for candidates from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Masters and Doctoral study (Ph.D.) at a UK University. These scholarships are offered under the following six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
Eligibility Criteria for HEC Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarship UK
Admission is open under the Commonwealth scholarship for the year 2023. Basic eligibility requirements are as follows:
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
To apply for these scholarships, you must meet the eligibility requirements mentioned below:
- Pakistani/AJK Nationsl. Dual nationals are not eligible.
- First Class Bachelor’s or master’s degree (16 years) for Master’s scholarship
- For a Ph.D. scholarship, the applicant must hold a first-class degree in a relevant postgraduate qualification (17/18 years Masters/MS/MPhil degree) in the relevant field of study by the closing date of applications
- Applicants must not have more than two second divisions allowed.
- NOT be registered for a Master’s or Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., at a UK university before September/October 2023
- Students currently pursuing Masters/MPhil or Ph.D. degrees are not eligible.
- Have the support of a potential supervisor from at least one UK university listed in your application form. (For Ph.D.)
- Two references were submitted online to the UK application system.
- Must obtain a minimum of 60 out of 100 marks in the HEC Aptitude Test (HAT).
Kindly visit below mentioned links for further details on the eligibility criteria & terms of the award:
How to Apply for HEC Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarship UK 2023
Applicants are MANDATORILY required to submit only online applications at the Commonwealth and HEC websites. In case the applicant fails to submit online application forms on BOTH websites mentioned at Step (1) & Step (2), their application will not be considered for further processing.
Step- 1 (Commonwealth Online Application)
- Candidates must apply using the CSC’s online application system mentioned below. The CSC is unable to accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system or after the closing date listed above.
a) For Masters Click here to apply for a Master’s Scholarship
b) For PhD Click here to apply for a PhD Scholarship
Step – 2 (HEC Online application)
- Apply online at the HEC website: https://scholarships.hec.gov.pk/#/auth/login After registering and filling out your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad”. After submission of the application, get its printed copy to be signed by the applicant. HEC online application portal shall close on October 17, 2023 (04.00 PM Pakistan Time)
Before applying, kindly update your HEC profile with the latest email/cell number & updated information. You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline
Application without submitting both Commonwealth Application form and online HEC form will not be entertained in any case (submitted applications must also be complete in all aspects)
Keep a copy of your HEC online application and Commonwealth online application after successful submission to relevant portals.
Hardcopies of the HEC application form (along with relevant academic documents viz. transcripts, equivalence for foreign degree, statement of purpose, research plan/proposal, copies of CNIC, Domicile) & submitted Commonwealth scholarship forms (proof of minimum 02 references & placement letter) may be kept saved for applicant’s own record.
DO NOT SEND HARD COPIES OF APPLICATIONS TO HEC.
- HEC endorses equal opportunity; females are encouraged to apply. The female Nomination ratio shall be minimum 45%.
- The HEC online portal shall close as per the deadline, thereafter, no candidate may be able to apply. Also, incomplete applications (not submitted/saved) will NOT be accepted.
- Please note that HEC has only a facilitation role in the nomination process, as the final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the right to cancel and debar applicants for all future scholarships.
- It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply on both Commonwealth and HEC portal before the deadline of the deadline of October 17, 2023.